is the hub of the Blues in Southern California.
The Editor and Publisher is Dan Jacobson whose car.eer with the Blues spans
33 years. Dan was first to bring the Blues to Long Beach (CA) as creator
and host of "Blues After Hours" on radio station KLON-FM88 (1977-1980).
He then helped launch the Long Beach Blues Festival in 1980 and served
as Festival Producer through 1986. Dan also produced the Hollywood Blues
Festival (1987, 1988 and 1991) and has produced hundreds of concerts including
Southern California's premier blues harmonica event, the annual Battle
of the Blues Harps (1989 to the present).
Blues began as a small newsletter for local Long Beach area
Blues fans in 1990 and over the years has grown into Southern California's
primary Blues magazine with distribution to over 150 targeted blues locations
throughout Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego counties. Subscribership
includes readers in many other U.S. states and a number of foreign countries.
Issues includes these features:
- The most comprehensive live calendar av.ailable with over 500 club
and festival listings each month.
- Background profiles and interviews with national touring performers
and homegrown stars on the rise.
- Focusing on the best of the Southland blues bands.
& Festival Profiles
- In depth articles on the big events and top blues clubs.
Book & Video Reviews
- Critiques of major label and small label releases.
- Accounts of touring acts and local special events.
- Where to find Blues around the dial.
- Addresses and phone numbers for Southland blues spots.
- Snapshots of blues artists caught in performance at festivals and
clubs around town.
- Our columnists report what's going on in the Los Angeles, San Francisco
and San Diego blues scenes.
Dan Jacobson, Lonnie Brooks
& San Diego columnist Barney Roach
at Long Beach Blues Festival 2000